Create a New Alias
To add a domain alias, enter the domain name in the text box and click Add Domain
To open the alias domain’s home directory with the File Manager
interface (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> File Manager
), click the link that corresponds to that alias under the Domain Root
column of the Remove Aliases
When you create an addon domain, parked domain, subdomain, or main domain, the system will attempt to automatically secure that domain with the best-available existing certificate. If no certificate exists, the system will generate a self-signed certificate to secure the new domain.
If AutoSSL is enabled for the account that owns the new domain, the system will add a request for an AutoSSL certificate to secure the new domain and install it when available.
Enable or disable domain alias redirection
To enable or disable redirection of a domain alias, perform the following steps:
- Click Manage Redirection for the domain alias that you wish to manage.
- To redirect the domain, enter the link to which you wish to redirect the domain alias in the text box.
- Click Save. To disable the redirection, click Disable Redirection.
To remove an existing domain alias, perform the following steps:
- Click Remove for the alias that you wish to remove.
- Click Yes to confirm that you wish to remove the domain alias. To retain the domain alias, click No.
To search through the list of domain aliases, enter the search criteria in the Search
text box and click Go
. Results that match your search criteria will populate the table.