This appliance includes the following features:
- GitLab configurations:
- GitLab, RubyGems, PostgreSQL, Nginx and all other required components installed from upstream Omnibus package.
- Set GitLab admin user ('root') password and email on firstboot (convenience, security).
- Set GitLab domain to serve on first boot (convenience).
- Enbale GitLab Omnibus built-in Let's Encrypt certificates via Confconsole plugin (under "Lets Encrypt").
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email (e.g. password recovery). Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords
: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization
Ignore SSL browser warning
: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically. If you have a domain configured, then via Confconsole Advanced menu
, you can generate free Let's Encypt SSL/TLS certificates
- point your browser at either:
- http://184.108.40.2069/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://220.127.116.119/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Note: some appliances auto direct http to https.
Username for gitlab
Login as username root
Username for OS system administration
Login as root
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
ssh [email protected]
* Replace 18.104.22.1689 with a valid IP or hostname.