Set up a database
To set up a database, perform the following steps:
- In the New Database text box, enter a name for the database and click Next Step.
- In the Username text box, enter a name for the user who you wish to allow to manage the database.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- Click Create User.
- Select the checkboxes that correspond to the privileges that you want to grant the user, or select ALL PRIVILEGES.
- Click Next Step.
The system displays a message that states that you successfully set up the database and user account.
After you complete the database setup process, select one of the following options:
- Add another database — Click to return to the beginning of the MySQL Database Wizard interface to add more databases.
- Add another MySQL Databases User — Click to open the MySQL Databases interface (cPanel >> Home >> Databases >> MySQL Databases) to create additional user accounts and assign them to a database.
- Return to Home — Click to return to the cPanel Home interface.